Arcadia Work Injuries and Work Accidents Attorney
The National Safety Council estimates that every seven seconds, an American worker is injured on the job. If you work in a physically-demanding job, you may frequently spend time thinking about the risk of injury you face on the job. However, even someone who spends most of their day working behind a desk can suffer injuries on the job, whether caused by the work itself or due to unexpected hazards in the workplace. Repetitive motion, slips and falls, and violent acts by coworkers are all common on-the-job injuries and can happen to any worker.
Los Angeles workers’ compensation benefits lawyer ready to help
No matter the cause of the injury or the nature of your work, California workers who are hurt on the job deserve compensation. A knowledgeable Los Angeles workers’ compensation lawyer at the Law Offices of Dulio R. Chavez II and Associates is ready to help. Contact our offices as soon as possible after a workplace accident to get help in receiving the benefits you deserve.
Six common on-the-job injuries
- Muscle strain and overuse injuries: One of the most common injuries that workers suffer on the job is a muscle strain or overuse injury, whether caused by lifting or pushing too heavy a load, straining while attempting to move a patient, or jerking suddenly when slipping or tripping to avoid falling. Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, can result from making the same motion over and over.
- Injuries from slip and fall accidents: These accidents can result from countless sources, such as tripping over a poorly-placed cable, falling on a slippery floor that lacks a cautionary sign, or slipping on a surface slick with rain that hasn’t been cleaned after a storm.
- Vehicle accidents: Workers who spend all or part of their day behind the wheel are at risk of injuries through a traffic collision.
- Injury from dropped or falling objects: When workers aren’t provided with safe walkways or protective head coverings, they can suffer serious injuries from being hit by objects falling from above.
- Walking-into injuries: Workers can suffer head, foot, neck, or knee injuries by walking into doors, walls, cabinets, or tables. These are especially common when workplaces have no clear walking paths and aren’t kept free from hazards.
- Violence on the job: Workers’ compensation claims stemming from violent acts by a coworker are on the rise. These incidents can not only cause physical injury, but they can also leave workers traumatized after becoming the victim of a violent crime.
Help is Available after a Work Injury or Work Accident in Southern California
If you’ve suffered a serious workplace injury in California, get help demanding the benefits you’re owed by contacting the professional and experienced Monrovia workers’ compensation lawyers at the Law Offices of Dulio R. Chavez II and Associates for a free consultation at 626-357-3303.